Impartial guidance for Royal London customers
Welcome to the website of The Pensions Advisory Service. We have teamed up with Royal London to provide an opportunity for you to talk through your retirement plans with one of our experienced pensions specialists.
Call the pensions helpline
This special helpline is only available for a limited period so we recommend calling us sooner than later. You do not need to book an appointment, the helpline is open between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
Call now on 0800 015 4906
How we can help you
The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS) offers free, independent, and impartial pensions guidance. TPAS is part of the Money and Pensions Service (MaPS) that is backed by the UK government. The aim of TPAS is to make pensions accessible and understandable for everyone. It will not cost you anything to use TPAS services.
Improving your retirement income
You are already saving into a pension with your employer and you may be wondering if there is anything else you need to do. The purpose of the call is to help you work out if you are on track for the type of retirement you want, and to answer any questions you have about pensions. This service is for people at all stages of their working life and will focus on the areas that are relevant to your situation. Everyone has been affected by Covid-19 and we will talk about what this may mean for your pensions.
What the call will cover
To make sure you get the most out of the call, we will cover the following areas:
- Ask you some general questions about your financial, health and family circumstances so we can give you personalised guidance
- Talk about your retirement plans
- Talk about how Covid-19 has affected you
- Talk about different ways you may be able to improve your retirement income
- Explain the tax aspects of pensions – both putting money in and taking it out of a pension
- Answer any pensions questions that you have
- Give you some next steps to take after the call
Get the most out of the call
To help you get the most out of the call it’s best to phone when you have some time for a full discussion. The advisers are happy to talk through your particular circumstances and tailor their guidance so that it works best for you
It will be useful if you have the following things to hand, but even if you do not have all this information, we can still help you:
- The letter you received from Royal London with your personal reference number
- The approximate value of your Royal London pension pot and how much you and your employer are paying into it
- The approximate value of any other pension pots you have
- The approximate value of any other assets such as savings and investments
- The approximate amount of any loans and borrowings
If you are worried about other money matters
If your main interest at the moment is to talk about other money matters, rather than to focus on pensions, then you can call the Money Advice Service (MAS).
Money Advice Service helpline number for Royal London customers: 0800 448 0712
Like TPAS, MAS is part of the Money and Pensions Service that is backed by the UK government. They provide impartial and independent guidance across a wide range of money matters. MAS can help you:
- Gain a better understanding from our money guidance experts of your financial matters to help keep track and plan ahead for financial ups and downs, and deal with the financial impact of Covid-19.
- Use online tools, calculators and guides to help you make more informed financial decisions to manage your money.
- Get free, impartial and confidential debt advice to help you deal with creditors and reduce your debt and also support you to build up your financial resilience.
- Find support through significant life events – such as saving for a home, dealing with the breakdown of a long-term relationship, or starting a family.
Call the Money Advice Service now on 0800 448 0712 or visit https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/royal-london-looking-out-for-you for more information.