• The Pensions Advisory
    Service is provided by

Call: 0800 011 3797

Call: 0800 011 3797



This page describes how other organisations can help you if you have a complaint about your pension.

Pensions Ombudsman

The Pensions Ombudsman is an independent organisation set up by law. They can help if you have a complaint or dispute about a pension scheme provided by your employer or a pension you have set up yourself.

They can also help if you have a complaint about a decision made by the Pension Protection Fund or the Financial Assistance Scheme. 

They look at the facts without taking sides and their service is free. To find out more, visit www.pensions-ombudsman.org.uk.


Financial Ombudsman Service

The Financial Ombudsman Service investigates complaints about the sale or marketing of individual pension arrangements. If you’re unhappy about the advice you were given about a pension plan, you should first give the firm who advised you the chance to resolve matters. The firm will have eight weeks to sort out your complaint with you. If after eight weeks you’re still not happy, you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to get involved.

They can also look into complaints about most financial problems involving banking, insurance, mortgages, investments and savings, to name a few. To find out more, visit www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk.


The Pensions Regulator

The Pensions Regulator is a Government body, responsible for regulating work-based pension schemes in the UK. It’s main aim is promoting and improving understanding of the good administration of work-based pension schemes, in order to protect member benefits. But they are unable to help with disputes between individuals and their pension schemes.

To find out more about The Pensions Regulator and the work they do, visit www.thepensionsregulator.gov.uk.



If you suspect someone is breaching the law in relation to your work-based pension, there are a number of different organisations who may be able to help. Call our helpline on 0800 011 3797 for guidance you on where you should raise your concerns.

Information is also available on The Pensions Regulator’s website at www.thepensionsregulator.gov.uk.


State Pension: complaints

We cannot help if you have a complaint about your State Pension. If you’re unhappy about the service you have received, first contact the office you were dealing with and explain why you are unhappy. Their contact details should be on the letters you have received. If you’re unhappy with their response you can complain to the Director General of Operations for the Department for Work and Pensions.

For more information visit www.gov.uk/complain-pension-service


Frequently asked...

Where can I find out more?

If you need more information, please contact us. A pension specialist from our team will be happy to help with whatever pensions-related question you have. Our help is always free.

We never contact our customers out of the blue
We're all ears How do you feel about the help you just received?

We would really appreciate a few minutes of your time.
Your feedback helps us create a better experience for you.