Volunteers Open Evening - Tuesday 16 April
TPAS is a voluntary organisation providing free help and information to members of the public. We are now looking for volunteers to work in our London office, to help with answering calls from the public on our Pensions Helplines.
We are holding an Open Evening on Tuesday 16 April 2013 6.30pm - 8pm at our London office to give you the chance to meet with current volunteers and staff and find out more about the benefits of volunteering at TPAS.
Our volunteers provide a valuable service, helping members of the public with their pension problems and many find it a very rewarding experience;
"Being in pensions has given me a good career. I'm glad to be able to give something back."
Others have said: "I like helping people, and wanted to do some sort of voluntary work. TPAS … is really worthwhile."
If you have experience of working in the pensions industry and are able to commit to at least one day a week, please consider volunteering at TPAS. In return for your help we can offer you the following;
1) Affiliate Membership of PMI for all volunteers that are not in work/retired
2) Membership of a supportive team of like-minded professionals
3) Access to TPAS's in-house technical training, materials and support
4) Re-imbursement of all reasonable expenses (travel to and from the office/refreshment) on production of receipts
5) A personalised induction and initial training programme to fully equip you to help on our helplines
6) A technical mentor to support you with any day to day questions you may have
7) The mental challenge presented by supporting people with a wide range of pensions issues
8) The satisfaction of knowing that using your knowledge has made a difference!
If you would like to attend the Open Evening on Tuesday 16 April please confirm your attendance by emailing: Cathy.Prenderville@pensionsadvisoryservice.org.uk
To find out more about becoming a volunteer at TPAS please contact Cathy Prenderville on the email address above.