Are you dreaming of a comfortable retirement?
If so, it might be time to start making some more concrete plans so that you achieve your goal.
New research from Friends Life has shown:
- 43% of over 40s do not think that they have saved enough
- 51% of over 40s wish that they had saved more
- Only 25% of over 40s are confident that they have saved enough
28% of 18-24 year olds are already saving for retirement, showing that young people are taking retirement saving seriously.
It is never too early to start saving for your retirement, and the earlier you start, the more chance you have of building an adequate pension pot.
- If you save £100 a month for 40 years, your eventual pot may be £152,000.
- If you save £200 a month for 20 years, your eventual pot may be £83,000.
(Both examples assume a return of 5% on your money)
The difference is because the contributions in the first example have had more time to grow.
If you are interested in starting a pension, you can read more about it on our website here.
If you have any questions about saving into a pension, please contact us using one of the following methods.