About The Pensions Advisory Service
Work with us
Whether you’re looking for a career with us or to help as a volunteer, we’d like to hear from you. We're also always keen to hear from organisations who would like to work in partnership with us and who share our values of making pensions accessible to all.
Our service relies on the hundreds of volunteers who give their time and expertise for free. If you're interested in joining a fantastic team, learn new experiences and want to help others, please read on.
Current vacancies **NEW**
Technical Specialist within Policy & Technical Team
(one post – fixed term/maternity cover for approx. 18 months)
Salary range: £35,000 to £40,000 dependent on skills and experience
The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS) is here to give people professional independent and impartial help with their pensions
- Are you are a pension professional?
- Do you want to put your specialist technical knowledge to use?
- Do you relish the challenge of keeping up to date in a fast-paced environment?
- Would you like to work in an environment that puts the customer first?
If so, you could be just the person to join our team as a Technical Specialist. The role of Technical Specialist is pivotal to enabling us to have a happy, healthy and high performing team of pension specialists able to deliver quality technical help to members of the public.
If this role sounds like what you are looking for in the next step of your career, we would love to hear from you. For more information about the role and to complete an application form please click on the links below:
We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in the workplace. TPAS is a disability confident committed employer.
Benefits of working at TPAS include working in a values-based organisation committed to making a difference, starting with 26 days annual leave, an interest-free season ticket loan and an opportunity to join a generous Civil Service Pension arrangement.
Completed application forms should be returned via email to: email@example.com
Or posted back to: HR Team, The Pensions Advisory Service, 11 Belgrave Road, London, SW1V 1RB
Closing date: Friday 20 April 2018 at 5.00pm.
Volunteer at TPAS
For over 30 years we have been helping people with their pension problems and questions. And we have been fortunate that so many volunteers have wanted to help us do this. You can use your knowledge and expertise in a variety of ways.
- Answer questions on our helpline
- Provide expert help to our volunteer network
We also have a regular and ongoing need for expert review and input to the production of our technical material. Pensions rules and practices are constantly evolving and we need to update our material accordingly. It’s therefore very helpful to have a fresh pair of eyes to review items we draft, assist with complex individual queries or come up with suggestions on topics that need to be covered. If you would be interested in assisting in this way, please let us know and our Policy & Technical team will be in touch to discuss further
Would you like to join them?
Our network of volunteers is drawn from all sectors of the industry. You'll be joining a team of like-minded professionals who want to give something back.
You can watch Sir Steve Webb explain why he decided to join our team and become a Volunteer Adviser.
What we can offer you
In return for your time and commitment, we offer all our volunteer advisers:
- Affiliate Membership of the Pensions Management Institute for all volunteer advisers not in work or retired
- Membership of a supportive team of like-minded professionals
- Access to TPAS's in-house technical training, materials and support
- Re-imbursement of all reasonable expenses on production of receipts
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference
What to do next
To find out more about volunteering opportunities at TPAS please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply to become a volunteer please complete this application form and post to:
The Pensions Advisory Service
11 Belgrave Road
London SW1V 1RB
To read our Code of Conduct for volunteers please click here.
Working in partnership
We know that two heads are usually better than one, and here at TPAS we appreciate the benefits of collaboration with other similarly minded organisations. We look to work in partnership with those that support our vision of ‘people first, pensions second’ and our mission to make pensions accessible for everyone.
Working in partnership with others will help allow us to channel our resources and deliver high quality outputs. Our aim is to work with those who will respect and uphold our long established reputation, enabling them to perform roles complementary to ours. We aim to partner with organisations who can help us to reach all members of society who would greatly benefit from what our service offers.
Before we decide to work with other organisations, we always carefully consider our most important principles.
- Independence - Our independence and impartiality is central to our reputation. Any partnership must not compromise our independence.
- Transparency - We’re always open and transparent about who we work with. For any collaborative project, we will always publish the benefits of the partnership, and these may not always be financial benefits.
- Conflict of interest - We will not work with other organisations or companies where there is a real or perceived conflict of interest.
- Editorial control - We have full editorial control of any materials that are published. The branding for each half of the partnership will be given equal prominence on any materials produced.
- Marketing - We will not endorse any financial products or services.
What if I don’t have any pensions expertise but would like to volunteer for TPAS, can I still help?
As well as helpline and casework volunteers, we also have volunteers helping with our in-house administration. If you’d like to find out more about this, please get in touch.
Where can I find out more?
If you need more information, please contact us. A pension specialist from our team will be happy to help with whatever pensions-related question you have. Our help is always free.