Work with us
Join us at this exciting time as we move from three separate organisations into one. You will be working in a values-based organisation committed to making a difference.
Whether you’re looking for a career with us or to help as a volunteer, we’d like to hear from you. We're also always keen to hear from organisations who would like to work in partnership with us and who share our values of making pensions accessible to all.
Our service is supported by volunteers who give their time and expertise for free. If you're interested in joining a fantastic team, learning new experiences and generally want to help members of the public with their pensions, please read on.
All details are available via the Hays microsite https://microsites.hays.co.uk/jobs/SFGB/index.htm.
Volunteer at TPAS
For over 30 years we have been helping people with their pension problems and questions. And we have been fortunate that so many volunteers have wanted to help us do this by giving their time for free. You can use your knowledge and expertise in a variety of ways including answering calls on our helpline from members of the public. If you are interested in joining a fantastic team, learning new experiences and generally want to help members of the public please see our contact details below.
We also have a regular and ongoing need for expert review and input to the production of our technical material. Pensions' legislation and practices are constantly evolving and we need to update our material accordingly. It’s therefore very helpful to have a fresh pair of eyes to review items we draft or come up with suggestions on topics that need to be covered. If you would be interested in assisting in this way please let us know and our Policy & Technical team will be in touch to discuss further
Would you like to join them?
Our network of volunteers is drawn from all sectors of the industry. You'll be joining a team of like-minded professionals who want to give something back.
You can watch Sir Steve Webb explain why he decided to help the service and become a Volunteer Adviser.
What we can offer you
In return for your time and commitment, we offer all our volunteer advisers:
- Affiliate Membership of the Pensions Management Institute for all volunteer advisers not in work or retired
- Membership of a supportive team of like-minded professionals
- Access to TPAS's in-house knowledge bank, technical training, materials and support
- Reimbursement of all reasonable expenses on production of receipts
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference
What to do next
To find out more about volunteering opportunities at TPAS please send us an email: email@example.com
To apply to become a volunteer please complete this application form and either email it to the above address or post to:
The Pensions Advisory Service
11 Belgrave Road
London SW1V 1RB
To read our Code of Practice for volunteers please click here.
Working in partnership
We know that two heads are usually better than one, and here at TPAS we appreciate the benefits of collaboration with other similarly minded organisations. We look to work in partnership with those that support our vision of ‘people first, pensions second’ and our mission to make pensions accessible for everyone.
Working in partnership with others will help allow us to channel our resources and deliver high-quality results. Our aim is to work with those who will respect and uphold our long established reputation, enabling them to perform roles complementary to ours. We aim to partner with organisations who can help us to reach all members of society who would greatly benefit from our service.
Before we decide to work with other organisations, we always carefully consider our most important principles.
- Independence - Our independence and impartiality is central to our reputation. Any partnership must not compromise our independence.
- Transparency - We’re always open and transparent about who we work with. For any collaborative project, we will always publish the benefits of the partnership, and these may not always be financial benefits.
- Conflict of interest - We will not work with other organisations or companies where there is a real or perceived conflict of interest.
- Editorial control - We have full editorial control of any materials that are published. The branding for each half of the partnership will be given equal prominence on any materials produced.
- Marketing - We will not endorse any financial products or services.
What if I don’t have any pensions expertise but would like to volunteer for TPAS, can I still help?
As well as helpline and casework volunteers, we also have volunteers helping with our in-house administration. If you’d like to find out more about this, please get in touch.
Where can I find out more?
If you need more information, please contact us. A pension specialist from our team will be happy to help with whatever pensions-related question you have. Our help is always free.