What we do and how we do it
TPAS was founded 36 years ago and is now part of the Money and Pensions Service which is an arm's length body of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). We have a workforce of paid pensions specialists and some volunteers, who all have many years of experience working in the pensions industry.
- give personal information and guidance on pension matters;
- help with problems an individual may have with their pension;
- share our knowledge and insight to contribute to Government and industry thinking on pensions; and
- deliver pre-booked telephone appointments for the Government service, Pension Wise.
- we were contacted by 186,000 customers and received 3.2 million visits to our website
- the bulk of our £6.2m budget is spent on our people, accommodation and IT/Tele comm and 78% of our FTEs are customer facing
- the average cost per direct contact was £36 per customer in 2017-2018. In 2010-2011, the average cost per direct contact was £41
With Defined Contribution pensions more common and automatic enrolment now covering over 10 million employees, we believe that people need greater financial capability to make complex decisions on how much to save and how much to draw out. Our aim is to deliver meaningful personalised guidance, on what a customer has got and what they need to think about to ensure that it is actionable. We do this efficiently and effectively so that our customers are more confident and know the next steps to take.
To find out more about our service and how we help our customers, you can read our Annual Review 2017-18.
The figures above are correct as at: 06/12/2019
Where can I find out more?
If you need more information, please contact us. A pension specialist from our team will be happy to help with whatever pensions-related question you have. Our help is always free.