What we do and how we do it
TPAS is DWP’s arms length body for delivering information and guidance on pension matters. It was founded 33 years ago and is staffed by pension experts with on average 27 years in the industry. Encouraging people to seek guidance about their pension is essential with the ageing society.
- give personal information and guidance on pension matters;
- help resolve problems an individual may have with their pension;
- share our knowledge and insight to contribute to Government and industry thinking on pensions; and
- deliver pre-booked telephone appointments for the Government service, Pension Wise.
- we were contacted by 188,500 customers and we responded to 177,900 in 2015-2016, a 67% increase in number of customers
- we spent 95% of our £6.4m budget is people, accommodation and IT/Telecomm and 80% of our FTEs are customer facing
- In 2010-2011, the average cost per direct contact was £41. We have managed to reduce this to £36 per customer in 2015-2016
With Defined Contribution pensions more common, we belive that people need greater financial capability to make complex decisions on how much to save and how much to draw out. Our aim is to deliver meaningful personalised guidance, on what a customer has got and what they need to think about to ensure that it is actionable. We do this efficiently and effectively so that our customers are more confident and know the next steps to take.
To find out more about our service and how we help our customers, you can read our Annual Review 2015-16.
The figures above are correct as at: 16/09/2016
Where can I find out more?
If you need more information, please contact us. A pension specialist from our team will be happy to help with whatever pensions-related question you have. Our help is always free.