We're changing to MoneyHelper

The Pensions Advisory Service will soon become MoneyHelper, the easy way to get free help for your money and pensions.

Call: 0800 011 3797

Call: 0800 011 3797


Short service refunds

If you have the option of taking a refund of your contributions upon leaving a pension scheme depends on the type of arrangement. You should bear in mind that if you take a refund you will not have any pension savings for this period.

Since 1 October 2015, members of occupational defined contribution pension schemes are no longer entitled to short-service refunds if they leave employment (or opt out) with less than two years’ qualifying service. 

Those with less than 30 days service will still be able to request a short service refund of just their contributions less tax.

Members of defined benefit occupational pension schemes will remain entitled to a refund of contributions if they leave with less than two years' qualifying service, subject to scheme rules. 

Frequently asked...

Where can I find out more?

If you need more information, please contact us. A pension specialist from our team will be happy to help with whatever pensions-related question you have. Our help is always free.

We never contact our customers out of the blue
We're all ears How do you feel about the help you just received?

We would really appreciate a few minutes of your time.
Your feedback helps us create a better experience for you.