Call us on 0300 123 1047

Useful Links

Actuarial Profession

Provides actuarial services to the pension industry

Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS)

Helps resolve conflicts in the workplace

Association of British Insurers (ABI)

Represents the interests of UK insurance companies

Association of Independent Financial Advisers (AIFA)

Represents the interests of the UK financial advisers

Association of Member-Directed Pension Schemes (AMPS)

Represents the interests of SIPP and SSAS providers

Association of Pension Lawyers (APL)

Represents the interests of pension lawyers

Bereavement Advice Centre
Gives free practical advice on the issues and procedures that face people after the death of someone close

Civil Service Retirement Fellowship
A national charity offering support, information and advice to all retired civil servants, their partners and dependants.

Companies House

The registrar of UK companies

Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)

Government department with overall responsibility for state pensions

Employment Tribunals Service

Deals with complaints relating to employment issues

Financial Assistance Scheme (FAS)

Pays compensation to members of certain insolvent pension schemes

Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS)

Deals with complaints against financial services firms and individuals

Financial Services Authority (FSA)

Regulator of the UK financial services industry

Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)

Pays compensation if financial services firms are unable to meet claims against them
Find a qualified financial adviser in your local area

Government Actuary's Department (GAD)

Provides actuarial services to the public sector

HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)

Collects UK taxes

Money Advice Service (MAS)
Helps individuals manage their money

National Association of Citizen's Advice Bureau (CAB)

Provides free advice on money, legal and other problems

National Association of Pension Funds (NAPF)

Represents the interests of UK company pension schemes

National Careline
Provides information about care and suppot for older people, carers and their families

NEST Corporation
The trustee body responsible for overseeing NEST (National Employment Savings Trust)

Office of Public Sector Information (OPSI)

Provides access to UK legislation

Pensions Ombudsman (PO)

Deals with pension-related complaints

Pension Tracing Service

Helps trace lost pensions

Pension Protection Fund (PPF)

Pays compensation to members of certain insolvent pension schemes

PPF Ombudsman (PPFO)

Deals with complaints against the board of the PPF

TaxHelp For Older People (TOP)
Independent free tax advice service for older people on low incomes who cannot afford to pay for professional advice

The Law Society

Find a solicitor in your local area

The Pensions Regulator (TPR)

Regulator of UK work-place pensions

The Pension Service

Government agency that administers the state pension and pension credit

Find a qualified financial adviser, solicitor or mortgage broker in your local area


TPAS is not responsible for the content or reliability of linked websites. Linking should not be taken as an endorsement or recommendation. We cannot guarantee that links will work and we have no control over their availability. Links to other websites are maintained by third parties which TPAS thinks may be of interest to visitors of this site.


Share with:
Contact us

There are a number of ways to contact us.

We regret, however, that we are unable to accept visitors at our office.

0300 123 1047
or email us

Web chat
Talk to a pensions expert live now
This web chat service is available Monday to Friday (9am to 5pm) and Tuesdays (7pm to 9pm)